Monday, October 26, 2009

Local Colour

It is most definitely fall here in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area... That's what we call it here). Thankfully, the temperature has modulated from its initial snap of cold weather in September, and is now hovering somewhere between "cold as balls" and "jacket weather." Aside from the near-constant overcast skies and/or drizzle and/or rain, fall here is actually quite beautiful. I offer the following as proof:

The leaves on the maple tree in front of the house turn a vibrant yellow colour. This picture doesn't really do it justice; it's even more beautiful when the sun is shining through the leaves (which rarely happens lately).


The tree in front of the house from under the canopy. You can see that the transformation is not yet complete; there are still some green patches among the yellow.


Glad I don't have to clean this mess up. Leaves everywhere!


Even the ivy is getting in on the act. This is one of the buildings that belongs to the Faculty of Law at the University of Toronto.

Not to be outdone, the University of Toronto Students' Union has decorated the old observatory on top of their building for Halloween.



The truly sad thing is, that this autumn splendour will be all too short-lived. The rain and wind have already stripped most of the branches of their fall foliage, which means that we are staring down the barrel of winter. If fall is any indication of the amount of sunlight I can expect in the winter, I think I might need to invest in one of those happy lamps.

1 Comentário:

Unknown said...

I'll see that next week!!!! Booyah.

Post a Comment