Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas, Canada!

Ok, so I'm not actually in Canada for Christmas. I'm not far away, though. But if you're finding yourself donning your gay apparel south of the border like I am, try these ways to get into the Canadian Christmas Spirit:

  • Have breakfast at Tim Horton's, because it's the only place open on Christmas Morning
  • Listen to Anne Murray's Christmas Album
  • Call your red Santa hat a "Santa tuque"
  • Publicly wax nostalgic about Christmas on the Prairies
  • Privately assure yourself that nothing beats Christmas in Toronto
  • Have lunch at Tim Horton's (see above)
  • Pretend Boxing Day is a real holiday
  • Listen to the Canadian Tenors' Christmas Album
  • Drink a six-pack of Molson Canadian to erase the memory of the Canadian Tenors' Christmas Album
  • Drink a six-pack of Sam Adams to erase the memory of the Molson Canadian
  • In your drunken haze, put on a Michael BublĂ© album (he's from British Columbia... who knew?)

Merry Christmas, Canada!
("Heritage Holiday 'Canada Santa'" image courtesy of Sears.ca)

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment